Six Signs That It's Time to Transition to Assisted Living
Deciding to move into assisted living is a discussion that every family must have on its own. But if you are starting to think about whether it may be time, Assisted Living and Independent Living INSIDER Tami Randel has a checklist of six possible signs:
1. Health signs: Are health issues beginning to escalate? Are conditions like Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD) getting worse? Has your loved one started falling, or taking longer to recover from injuries or illnesses?
2. Mental health: Has your loved one started showing signs of confusion or unusual fearfulness? Are they starting to wander, or become aggressive for no reason?
3. Changes in personal appearance: Sudden weight loss or weight gain; not appearing clean or recently washed; or not having clean clothes can be a sign that your loved one is starting to need additional help.
4. Changes in day-to-day life: Has their daily routine changed? Have they stopped showing interest in leaving the house or visiting friends?
5. Financial signs: Have they started receiving past due notices for bills?
6. House appearance: Have you started noticing spoiled food in the fridge? Are cobwebs or dust piling up in the corners of the house?
You don't have to make a decision right away, but if you've noticed any of these signs it may be time to make preparatory decisions, like making an appointment with a family doctor or starting to look at retirement communities. If you'd like to schedule an appointment at Country Meadows Village, call 503-982-2221 today.
COUNTRY MEADOWS VILLAGE
155 S. Evergreen Road, Woodburn